The privacy of your Personal Information ( as defined below) is afforded the highest level of importance by Jenesis Psychotherapy.
Jenesis Psychotherapy respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with, and is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the “Privacy Act”) and the Victorian privacy principles (VPPs). This policy sets out how we collect, use, disclose and manage your personal information.
Collection of Personal Information:
We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to provide our services to you as a psychotherapist. This may include your name, contact details, age, gender, and other relevant personal information.
We may collect this information in various ways, including but not limited to:
• Information you provide to us directly, such as through our website, social media, or email;
• Information provided to us by third parties, such as your GP or other health professionals; and
Use of Personal Information:
We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected or for related purposes that you would reasonably expect. These purposes may include:
• Providing psychotherapy services to you;
• Administering and managing our relationship with you;
• Communicating with you;
• Responding to your enquiries or complaints;
• Improving our services; and
• Complying with legal obligations.
Disclosure of Personal Information:
We will not disclose your personal information to any third party, except:
• With your consent;
• Where required or authorised by law;
• To our professional advisors, such as our lawyers or accountants;
• To government agencies, such as the Department of Human Services, where required by law; or
• To third parties who provide services to us, such as IT service providers or debt collection agencies.
Security of Personal Information:
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, including:
• Storing personal information in secure databases;
• Implementing physical security measures, such as locked cabinets and restricted access to our premises; and
• Implementing electronic security measures, such as firewalls and passwords.
However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us via the internet. You should be aware that there are risks associated with transmitting personal information over the internet and you should take appropriate steps to protect your personal information.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information:
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting us in writing. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period and may require further information from you to verify your identity.
If the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or out of date, you may request that we correct it. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information, or if we disagree with your request, we will provide you with reasons for our decision.
We may amend this policy from time to time. The current version will be posted on our website.